Friday, December 16, 2011

Trail Mix

I have low blood sugar and always carry almonds in my purse. But sometimes I feel like jazzing it up a little. This is a nice, simple whole grain trail mix that will perk you up when you're draggin'. It's whole grain, but still carbs, so this is better for those on maintenance. AND this is not something I keep around. This is great for a football game or party but it can call your name if it's hanging around too long, so be careful!

Trail Mix

2 ounces Cheerios
2 ounces Wheat Chex
2 ounces Corn Chex
2 ounces un-roasted, unsalted almonds
2 ounces chopped walnuts
1 ounce raisins
1 ounce dried cranberries
1 ounce oat bran sesame sticks (from Fresh Market)
1 ounce chili lime cheese crackers (from Fresh Market)
1 teaspoon salt

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Cover.

I like it plain, just the way it is, but Bob likes to shake some ranch flavor popcorn seasoning on it. The cheese flavor would be good too!

No comments: