Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pizza!

As a vegan, I can't just go to the supermarket and pick up a pizza when I want one...they all have cheese. So I've been looking for a recipe for whole grain pizza dough and haven't been able to find one. Maybe because I'm actually to lazy to kneed dough and make one myself. LOL! Which brings me to my new discovery! Pre-made pizza crust!!! Yes, I know they have them in supermarkets everywhere, but they are not whole grain or vegan. Thanks to the wonderful people at Earth Fare yesterday, I found one! Yay! So of course, last night we had pizza...oh so good! The vegetables I have listed are the ones we wanted...feel free to put whatever you want on yours.

Pizza

1 California Style Pizza Bread
pasta sauce
1 tomato, very thinly sliced
baby spinach
kale
1 onion, very thinly sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, medium diced
fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
Italian Seasoning

Preheat your oven to 450F. Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Spread a generous amount of pasta sauce over the bread then pile on your vegetables. Bake for about 10 minutes. This pizza is very filling since the crust is whole grain (sprouted wheat berries). Enjoy!




Pizza Bread Front


Pizza Bread Nutritional Information

No comments: