Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ground Beef "Hash"

This is a wls variation of a pre-wls comfort dish. I don't eat that anymore but sometimes a girl needs comforting! Ya know? Anyway, I made hamburger steaks in my George Foreman grill last night and had some ground beef left over. Bob and I have problems with leftover meat so I just put the raw, seasoned meat in the fridge. Today at lunch I knew just what I wanted to eat!

Ground Beef "Hash"

4 ounces seasoned ground beef (I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin and McCormick Hamburger seasoning)
1 1/2 teaspoons cooking oil
frozen onion
frozen mixed pepper slices
frozen corn

Start browning the ground beef in the oil on medium low heat in a small saucepan. Add the onions, peppers, and corn. You don't need to add any broth because the moisture from the defrosting veggies will add all the moisture you need. Cover and cook until the ground beef has lost it's pink color. Uncover, break up any large bits of meat and raise the heat to medium. Let the food pan fry for a few minutes until the ground beef is cooked through to your satisfaction. Put food in a bowl and enjoy! I like to add a little ketchup stirred in and Bob likes a dab of mayo on the side.

No comments: