Sunday, November 28, 2010

Crockpot Mushroom Chicken

Busy times for women call for choices...1) eating out, 2) a husband and/or children who will cook dinner, 3) a crockpot, 4) a pressure cooker. I utilize all of the above. Today we're gonna talk about crockpots. I don't know who invented them, but they were a genius and I hope they are living in luxury somewhere. Is there anyone in America who doesn't have at least one? I have three! I know the newest thing is digital and yes, they are really cool looking. That's one of my three. But if I had known then what I know now, I would not have bought it. I thought that since it was digital, you could set it to go from high to low to warm. Not so. I still had to be home to turn it to a different temperature. The digital was really just a fancy timer. Set how many hours to cook at which temperature. It would countdown then just shut off. That's not what I needed! And I had stuff actually burn in my crockpot. They seem to be getting hotter and hotter the last few years. So I got tired of that and got a new one.  Love it! It cooks low and slow! No more burned food in the crockpot! Yea!!! I still have to turn the knob to a different temperature, but at least if I leave it on low all day it won't burn!
Well, now that I've finished my "rant" about crockpots, how about we talk recipe. I was looking around the BariatricEating.com message group and "Mark from Chicago" mentioned he had this in the crockpot and was looking forward to dinner that night. Well, you know of course that I immediately wrote to him asking for the recipe. So here it is! And believe me when I tell you that it is so delicious it will make you drool!
                    
Crockpot Mushroom Chicken

3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 medium onion , chopped
8 ounces canned mushrooms (I slice up a few baby portobellas)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup

Combine ingredients in crockpot and cook on low all day.

2 comments:

Craftymumz Creations said...

thank you for the recipe! Can you tell me ... if I add one more chicken breast is there enough of the other ingredients to accomodate one more breast? I need to feed 4 people at each meal.

Ramona said...

I would add another can of soup. Maybe some more mushrooms if your family likes them as much as mine. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!