Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Cookbook Review - "Fish Without a Doubt" by Chef Rick Moonen

I love seafood. I could almost eat it three times a day, every day. I recently saw Chef Rick Moonen on a rerun of Top Chef: Masters. I was so impressed with the way he approached food, and especially seafood that I "googled" him. He has a cookbook! I checked the library...they had it! Checked it out and kept it the entire three weeks! When I was forced to return it, I ordered it from Amazon right away.

This is not just a cookbook...it's a seafood guide. Chef Moonen explains and shows you how to fillet different types of fish, how to buy fish, and what types of fish to use for different cooking methods. Each recipe lists substitutions you can use instead of the fish he uses. He uses many different cooking methods and makes you feel comfortable cooking that way too. There are also quite a few recipes for sauces, which, for those of us with tiny little pouches, is a great help. And, anyway, who doesn't want more flavor on whatever amount of food they can eat?

I highly recommend this cookbook. It is moderately priced and can be ordered through Amazon.com. If you love seafood, get Fish Without a Doubt!

No comments: