Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sweet Vinaigrette

Bob and I ate some chicken tacos at a local restaurant recently and there was this wonderful kind of oriental tasting vinaigrette on the coleslaw topper. Oh my goodness it was wonderful. I have tried to replicate it and have come kind of close. It's missing something I can't place and when I figure it out, I'll post an update. In the meantime, this vinaigrette is very good! We had fish tacos tonight and I didn't have any cabbage for coleslaw so I shredded a little baby spring mix lettuce and marinated it in the vinaigrette. Awesome on fish tacos! I can imagine marinating some tomatoes and cucumbers in this for a small green salad. Amounts of ingredients are not listed since you will make only the amount you need and to your own taste.

Sweet Vinaigrette

Rice Vinegar
Salt and Pepper
Splenda Granular
Olive Oil
Fresh Lemon Juice (just a squeeze)

Pour the rice vinegar into a small bowl. Add the salt, pepper, lemon juice, and Splenda. Whisk in the olive oil until well blended and pour over your salad.

No comments: