Monday, September 20, 2010

Butterscotch Shake

For some unknown reason, I bought a box of sugar free butterscotch pudding mix one day. I don't like butterscotch pudding so it had never even entered my mind to make a butterscotch shake. I choose to believe that it was God inspired. He must have known that at some point I would want a savory shake. Okay, I know butterscotch is sweet, not savory, but with my sweet tooth, it's about as savory as I'm going to get! I have butterscotch shakes mostly in the morning when I don't feel like eating breakfast. If I have a shake for breakfast, it's usually a Happy Accident Hazelnut Frappe or a Butterscotch Shake.

Butterscotch Shake

1 1/2 to 2 cups ice
1-2 tablespoons sf butterscotch pudding mix
1 scoop vanilla protein mix
1 pinch instant coffee
1 tablespoon Hershey's sf chocolate syrup
sweetener, to taste
4-6 ounces almond or soy milk

Place ice in blender. Add the rest of the ingredients, ending with the milk. Set blender to crush ice, then blend on lowest speed and building up to highest speed until shake is thick and frothy.

No comments: