Sunday, September 12, 2010

Strawberry Shake

Mmmmm...a good strawberry shake takes me back to when I was a kid. Long summers going to the beach, riding my bike everywhere, and stopping for a strawberry shake on the way home. I know that these protein shakes are good for my health, but that doesn't mean they can't taste yummy too! Huh, I've just made myself crave a strawberry shake. Maybe I'll have one as my bedtime shake. LOL! 

Strawberry Shake

1 1/2 to 2 cups ice
1 tablespoon sugar free vanilla pudding mix
several drops strawberry extract
1 ounce (about 2-3) frozen strawberries (add more if fruit sugar is okay for you)
1 tablespoon Hershey's sf strawberry syrup (optional, I don't anymore)
2 teaspoons Smucker's sf strawberry topping
1 scoop vanilla protein mix
8 ounces almond milk (or whatever milk you like)
sweetener to taste (optional)

Pour liquids in blender and set to stir. Add dry ingredients and keep stirring. Add strawberries and ice.Set blender to crush the ice, then keep raising speeds
until it's blending at it's highest speed. Blend until thick and frothy. Pour into a big glass and enjoy!

This shake also makes a great ice cream!

No comments: