Friday, October 1, 2010

Apple Cider Shake

I don't normally like apple flavored things. Sour apple gum is horrible! Apple candy (when I used to eat candy) is awful! But I always did like apple cider. So when a friend at my local support group gave me a packet of sugar free apple cider I got excited. Of course you can make it according to the directions, but why not make an apple cider protein shake! I have only made it cold but there's no reason you can't make it hot during the winter. I'll post that recipe after I make it. Of course it's going to have to get colder than 70F for a hot apple cider shake!

I find this at Walmart
Apple Cider Shake

1-2 cups ice
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tablespoon sugar free vanilla pudding mix
1 envelope sugar free apple cider mix
2 drops vanilla extract
1 good pinch instant coffee
sweetener, to taste (optional)
4-6 ounces milk

Place ice in blender. Add the rest of the ingredients, ending with the milk. Set blender to crush ice, then blend on lowest speed and building up to highest speed until shake is thick and frothy.

No comments: