Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lemon Chiffon Pie Shake

By now you've noticed that I name most of my protein shakes after candy or desserts. I used to have a huge sweet tooth before my weight loss surgery. If I could have figured out a way to justify dessert for breakfast, I would have! If I had a bad day at work, I'd call my husband and tell him I'd had a Baby Ruth day or a Snickers day, or whatever. He'd stop at the store and get me a king sized candy bar to eat when I got home. That was my attempt at control...to have him stop at the store. If I stopped I'd have bought more than one candy bar!

Lemon Chiffon Pie Shake

1-2 cups ice
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 pinch instant coffee
2 tablespoons sugar free lemon pudding mix
1 drop lemon extract
4-6 ounces soy or almond milk

Place ice in blender. Add the rest of the ingredients, ending with the milk. Set blender to crush ice, then blend on lowest speed and building up to highest speed until shake is thick and frothy.

No comments: