Sunday, October 10, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookie Shake

Peanut butter cookies are wonderful! The smell...the texture...the taste...the sweetness. Well, I don't do well with the sweetness anymore. Even the best peanut butter cookie in the world is not worth "dumping" on the sugar in it. And yes, I could get a special sugar substitute and make some sugar free cookies, but there are two big drawbacks to that. #1-All those cookies would call to me (actually they would yell at me). #2-I have always hated baking cookies. I don't mind baking cakes or pies, just please don't ask me to bake cookies. But I still want that flavor, so you know I had to come up with a protein shake that tastes like a peanut butter cookie! FYI...this makes incredible ice cream!

Peanut Butter Cookie Shake

1-2 cups ice
1 tablespoon sugar free vanilla pudding mix
1 tablespoon regular flavor coffee creamer
1 pinch instant coffee
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 drop LorAnn peanut butter candy oil (all flavors are sugar free)
1 tablespoon peanut butter (or PB2)
sweetener, to taste (you want this to be a sweet shake to emulate a cookie)
4-6 ounces milk (I use soy or almond milk)

Place ice in blender. Add the rest of the ingredients, ending with the milk. Set blender to crush ice, then blend on lowest speed and building up to highest speed until shake is thick and frothy.
Note: LorAnn candy oils are very strong. You really only use 1 tiny drop per serving.

No comments: