Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Good Old Vanilla Shake

Is your vanilla shake everything it can be? Or is it just kind of blah? I'll bet you think that with all the stuff I add into my shakes, I never drink a plain old vanilla shake. Well...you're wrong! Ha! I love love love my vanilla shakes. Are they plain? Well, that depends on your definition of plain. LOL! I add stuff to my vanilla protein powder to enhance the flavor and give me the vanilla shake flavor I want. And that's not plain!

Good Old Vanilla Shake

1-2 cups ice
1 tablespoon sugar free vanilla pudding mix
1 tablespoon regular flavor coffee creamer
1 pinch instant coffee
2 drops vanilla extract
sweetener, to taste (optional)
4-6 ounces milk (I use soy or almond milk)

Place ice in blender. Add the rest of the ingredients, ending with the milk. Set blender to crush ice, then blend on lowest speed and building up to highest speed until shake is thick and frothy.
Note...Get creative with your vanilla shake! I saw some french vanilla extract at Walmart today. Gonna try that soon. Get some french vanilla coffee creamer. Explore your vanilla!!!

No comments: